Babylon gods cannot safe themselves
- v1: Bel means master. It is Babylian’s sun god. It is also mentioned in Jeremiah 50:2, 51:44. Nebo is Assyrian and Babylonian’s god of wisdom and writing. He is the son of Bel.
- v2: These gods could not even safe themselves. Them would be exiled into captivity.
- v4: [Even to your old age and gray hairs I am He, I am He who will sustain you..]. A great verse to comfort older believers. God assures His people that He will carry them from the womb to the tomb.
- v10: God is not only the Creator of the universe, He is in control of this universe, the history and future are all in the hands of God. God eternal purpose will be fulfilled!
- v11: A man from east is referring to Cyrus.