God has revealed the Messiah in Chapter 53, told us the blessing of the church in chapter 54, invited all who are thirsty to come to Him in chapter 55, and in this chapter, God continue to expand His salvation to the eunuch and foreigners into His house of prayers.
- v1: God’s righteousness will soon be revealed by His salvation. Lord Jesus would be crucified to reveal God’s righteousness.
- v2: Keeps the Sabbath and keeps from any evil. No man has ever kept both perfectly.
- v3-4: Foreigner could not partake in Passover (Ex 12:43), and no eunuch can enter the assembly of God. Now God is inviting them to observer Sabbath. Lord Jesus is the Lord of Sabbath, in Him we can be truly rested.
- v6: Foreigner are invited not only to observe the Sabbath, they are invited to serve the Lord!, to worship the Lord! All believers are priest in NT and have the privilege to serve our Lord.
- v7: We are once foreigner in God’s Kingdom. With the grace of God, we can offer ourselves as living sacrifice to God and serve Him in His house of prayers!
- v8: The Lord Jesus said in John 10:16 [I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.]
- v9-12: God accused the the watchmen in Israel who did not perform their job. The job of a watchman is to see what is coming, and warm the people of in the city.